When we first make contact with you, we find out as much about your circumstances as we need to determine which visa you are eligible for. Then we take care of everything else. We will determine which visa category is best for you to apply under. We will then advise you what documents you need to provide to us and what additional information we require. We take complete responsibility for preparing your visa application from start to finish, including any related processes such as skill assessment applications and/or state/territory nominations. We provide full and easy to understand instructions as to what to do and how when you personally need to get something done (such as health checks).

You can be assured that we will treat your case individually and personally, giving you step-by-step feedback and instruction all along the way. You will feel like someone is looking after your best interests all the time. This will take a lot of pressure and uncertainty away from yourself so you can focus on preparing for other aspects of your migration such as finding a job and a new home.


The skilled migration program underwent major changes with effect from 1 July 2012 and now falls into the SkillSelect system. The SkillSelect system is a tool which enables the Australian Government to manage who can apply for a skilled migration visa, when and in what numbers. Prospective migrants must first submit an Expression of Interest which outlines their age, qualifications, work experience and English proficiency. They are then ranked against other prospective migrants in similar occupations. The highest ranking applicants of interest to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection will be invited to apply for a general skilled migration visa.

In order to put in an Expression of Interest, you need to have an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL). As evidence of being skilled in this occupation, you need to be in possession of a positive skill assessment from an appointed skill assessment body. There are different bodies which assess skills for different occupations. Our general skilled migration service includes the preparation of a skill assessment application to ensure that this vital first step has a successful outcome.

You can also secure State/Territory sponsorship in certain circumstances. Securing this in advance will significantly improve your chances of being invited to apply for a visa. Our service also includes the State/Territory application to ensure your best chance of success in this application.

The general skilled migration visas are points-based. Points are awarded for age, English proficiency, work experience, qualifications, sponsorship, etc. The minimum number of points required for a general skilled migration visa (independent or sponsored) from 1 July 2012 is 60 points.

**ONLINE ASSESSMENT** – fill in our online assessment form to see if you should submit an Expression of Interest

Types of General Skilled Migration visas

Skilled – Independent Visa – Subclass 189
Skilled – Nominated Visa – Subclass 190
Skilled – Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) Visa – Subclass 489



Work visas can be temporary or permanent. Both involve sponsorship/nomination by an approved sponsor. In order to become an approved sponsor, an employer needs to show they have a legitimately operating, profitable business with a solid training record or a commitment to future training. Sponsors can be monitored to ensure they are meeting their sponsorship obligations.


The most common temporary work visa is the 457 visa. Applying for this visa is a three-stage process. Firstly, a business/company applies to become a sponsor; secondly, a position which they need to fill with an overseas worker is nominated; thirdly, the visa applicant who has suitable skills and experience to fill the nominated position applies for a 457 visa.

These visas are granted for up to 4 years.


The permanent work visa is the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) visa or Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme. This visa also involves an employer nominating a specific position. Suitably qualified and experienced applicants then apply for an ENS visa to fill the position for at least two years.

Both the temporary 457 visa and the permanent ENS visa can be tricky for a novice. It is highly recommended that you seek the assistance of a knowledgeable and experienced migration agent if applying for these visas. Migration SolutionZ has an excellent track record in securing successful 457 and ENS visas and would be happy to assist you in this intricate process.

Types of employer-sponsored visas:

Temporary Worker (Skilled) - Subclass 457

Employer Nomination Scheme – Subclass 186
Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme – Subclass 187



There are a number of options for partners/families to be reunited in Australia


This category includes prospective spouses, spouses and same-sex partners. Also included in this category are de facto partners.

All partners need to be sponsored by their Australian partner who must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident/eligible New Zealand citizen. Sponsors must undertake to provide financial and emotional support after the applicant’s arrival to Australia.

Partner visas are initially two-year temporary visas and become permanent once the couple can prove they are still together in a relationship two years later.

Most partner visas can be applied for when the applicant is either in or outside Australia (although not in all circumstances).

Types of Partner Visas

Partner Temporary visa (Subclass 820/309) and Permanent visa (Subclass 801/100)
Prospective Marriage visa (Subclass 300)



The most common family visas are Parent visas. As of June 2014, only the Contributory Parent Visa is available. These require a substantially higher visa application fee be paid prior to grant of the visa.

To be eligible for a Contributory Parent visa, parents must meet the ‘balance of family’ test – this means half of their children must be permanently resident in Australia, or they must have more children permanently resident in Australia than any other single country.

Parents must also be sponsored by their child or child’s partner who must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident/eligible New Zealand citizen who has been resident in Australia for at least 2 years.

Types of Parent Visas:

Applying from outside Australia:
Contributory Parent (Migrant) visa – Subclass 143
Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa – Subclass 173
Contributory Parent (Migrant) visa – from Subclass 173 to Subclass 143

Applying from within Australia (these visas are subject to certain age requirements being met):
Contributory Aged Parent (Residence) visa – Subclass 864
Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa – Subclass 884
Contributory Aged Parent (Residence) visa – from Subclass 884 to Subclass 864
Contributory Parent (Migrant) visa – from Subclass 173 to Subclass 143



For dependent children, orphan relatives or adopted children of an Australian citizen/permanent resident/eligible New Zealand citizen


No longer available to new applicants with effect from 2 June 2014.


No longer available to new applicants with effect from 2 June 2014.


No longer available to new applicants with effect from 2 June 2014.



Australia is a wonderful place to study and there are many opportunities for international students. Australia has a long history of welcoming international students and there is a diverse array of courses to choose from. The different visa subclasses available for student visas reflect this diversity.

International students can choose to study English, a vocational qualification, a Bachelor or Master degree or a research degree.

Students are assigned Assessment Levels depending on the country of their passport. This affects what evidentiary requirements students need to provide when applying for a student visa.

Students who qualify with an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) may be eligible to apply for an onshore General Skilled Migration permanent residence visa on completion of the qualification with at least two years study in Australia (a range of criteria need to be met in order to be eligible).



For those who wish to establish a business in Australia, a range of business visas are available. Which one you apply for depends on your particular circumstances and objectives. A number of changes to these Business visas were introduced with effect from 1 July 2012.

Provisional business development visas are available for business people who establish a business in Australia, or who manage or invest in an Australian business.

Provided all requirements are met, provisional business development visas can be a pathway to a business permanent residence visa.

Types of Business Visas:
Business Talent (Migrant) – Subclass 132
Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) – Subclass 188
Business Innovation and Investment (Residence) – Subclass 888