Our Services


The skilled migration program underwent major changes with effect from 1 July 2012 and now falls into the SkillSelect system. The SkillSelect system is a tool which enables the Australian Government to manage who can apply for a skilled migration visa, when and in what numbers. Prospective migrants must first submit an Expression of Interest which outlines their age, qualifications, work experience and English proficiency. They are then ranked against other prospective migrants in similar occupations. The highest ranking applicants of interest to the Department of Home Affairs will be invited to apply for a general skilled migration visa.

In order to put in an Expression of Interest, you need to have an occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). As evidence of being skilled in this occupation, you need to be in possession of a positive skill assessment from an appointed skill assessment body. There are different bodies which assess skills for different occupations. Our general skilled migration service includes the preparation of a skill assessment application to ensure that this vital first step has a successful outcome.

You can also secure State/Territory sponsorship in certain circumstances. Securing this in advance will significantly improve your chances of being invited to apply for a visa. Our service also includes the State/Territory application to ensure your best chance of success in this application.

The general skilled migration visas are points-based. Points are awarded for age, English proficiency, work experience, qualifications, sponsorship, etc. The minimum number of points required for a general skilled migration visa (independent or sponsored) from 1 July 2012 is 60 points.

Types of General Skilled Migration visas

Skilled – Independent Visa – Subclass 189
Skilled – Nominated Visa – Subclass 190
Skilled – Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) Visa – Subclass 491


The most common temporary work visa was the 457 visa, but this was abolished in March 2018 and replaced with the TSS (Temporary Skills Shortage) visa. Applying for the TSS visa is a three-stage process. Firstly, a business/company applies to become a sponsor; secondly, a position which they need to fill with an overseas worker is nominated; thirdly, the visa applicant who has suitable skills and experience to fill the nominated position applies for a TSS  visa.

These visas are granted for up to 2 or 4 years depending on the occupation.

There are a number of requirements that need to be met at each stage of the applications – sponsorship, nomination and visa.


The permanent work visa is the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) visa or Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional visa. These visas also involve an employer nominating a specific position. Suitably qualified and experienced applicants then apply for an ENS/RSMS visa to fill the position for at least three years.

Both the temporary TSS visa and the permanent ENS visa can be tricky for a novice. It is highly recommended that you seek the assistance of a knowledgeable and experienced migration agent if applying for these visas. Migration SolutionZ has an excellent track record in securing successful 457, TSS  and ENS visas and would be happy to assist you in this intricate process.

Types of employer-sponsored visas:

Temporary Worker (Skilled) – Subclass 482


– Employer Nomination Scheme – Subclass 186
Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional visa – Subclass 191


There are a number of options for partners/families to be reunited in Australia


This category includes prospective spouses, spouses and same-sex spouses. Also included in this category are de facto partners.

All partners need to be sponsored by their Australian partner who must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident/eligible New Zealand citizen. Sponsors must undertake to provide financial and emotional support after the applicant’s arrival to Australia.

Partner visas are initially two-year temporary visas and become permanent once the couple can prove they are still together in a relationship two years later.

Most partner visas can be applied for when the applicant is either in or outside Australia (although not in all circumstances).

Types of Partner Visas

Partner Temporary visa (Subclass 820/309) and Permanent visa (Subclass 801/100)
Prospective Marriage visa (Subclass 300)



The most common family visas are Parent visas. There are very long waiting periods for Parent visas to be granted.  However, should applicants be prepared to pay a substantially higher visa application fee at grant, they can apply for Contributory Parent visas for which the processing times are much quicker.

To be eligible for a a Parent visa or Contributory Parent visa, parents must meet the ‘balance of family’ test – this means half of their children must be permanently resident in Australia, or they must have more children permanently resident in Australia than any other single country.

Parents must also be sponsored by their child or child’s partner who must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident/eligible New Zealand citizen who has been resident in Australia for at least 2 years.

Types of Parent Visas:

Applying from outside Australia:
Contributory Parent (Migrant) visa – Subclass 143
Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa – Subclass 173
Contributory Parent (Migrant) visa – from Subclass 173 to Subclass 143

Applying from within Australia (these visas are subject to certain age requirements being met):
Contributory Aged Parent (Residence) visa – Subclass 864
Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa – Subclass 884
Contributory Aged Parent (Residence) visa – from Subclass 884 to Subclass 864
Contributory Parent (Migrant) visa – from Subclass 173 to Subclass 143
Aged Parent Visa – Subclass 804



For dependent children, orphan relatives or adopted children of an Australian citizen/permanent resident/eligible New Zealand citizen


A visa that enables aged persons who are dependent on a relative in Australia to support them to migrate permanently to Australia (age and relationship status criteria apply)


A visa which enables people whose only near relatives are resident in Australia as citizens/permanent resident/eligible New Zealand citizens to migrate


A visa which allows for people who have a close relative with a serious medical condition to care for them (restrictions apply)


Australia is a wonderful place to study and there are many opportunities for international students. Australia has a long history of welcoming international students and there is a diverse array of courses to choose from.

International students can choose to study English, a vocational qualification, a Bachelor or Master degree or a research degree.

The country of the applicant’s passport, education provider chosen and course selected will determine what evidentiary requirements students need to provide when applying for a student visa.

Students who study for at least two years at Bachelor, Master or Doctoral level may be eligible to apply for a Post-study Work visa for two years or more on completion of their studies.

Students who qualify with an occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) may be eligible to apply for an 18-month Temporary Graduate visa on completion of their studies. From there they may be eligible to apply for an onshore General Skilled Migration permanent residence visa if their Expression of Interest is selected and an invitation to apply is extended by the Department of Home Affairs (a range of criteria need to be met in order to be eligible).


For those who wish to establish a business in Australia, a range of business visas are available. Which one you apply for depends on your particular circumstances and objectives. A number of changes to these Business visas were introduced with effect from 1 July 2012.

Provisional business development visas are available for business people who establish a business in Australia, or who manage or invest in an Australian business.

Provided all requirements are met, provisional business development visas can be a pathway to a business permanent residence visa.

Types of Business Visas:
Business Talent (Migrant) – Subclass 132
Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) – Subclass 188
Business Innovation and Investment (Residence) – Subclass 888

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Start typing and press Enter to search